Job Position: Sample Room Coordinator, Philomela, LLC
- Pay: Dependent on Experience
- Reports to: Studio Director
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., non-negotiable.
- Freelance applicants only.
Summary of Position:
This is a part-time position working in a busy textile studio located in Pasadena, CA.
Responsibilities of this position include overseeing our busy sample program, keeping track of fabric and wallpaper sample inventory, reordering fabric and wallpaper for sample creation, partnering with sample vendor to ensure timely sample creation turnaround, fulfilling sample requests from showrooms, sales reps, and online store clients, and various general office administrative duties.
We are seeking someone with strong administrative support experience, great customer service, and excellent attention to detail.
Sample Room Organization & Coordination
- Oversee and run Philomela’s fabric and wallpaper sample program.
- Organize and manage inventory of all fabric and wallpaper samples.
- Reorder fabric yardage and wallpaper rolls in a timely manner as inventory dictates.
- Oversee cutting and labeling of all wallpaper samples.
- Ensure information on all samples is current and correct.
- Update sample inventory Google Doc sheets on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with fabric sample vendor when more samples are needed.
- Ensure showrooms and sales reps have adequate sample inventory, replenishing their stock as requested.
- Creation of fabric rings and wallpaper book presentations as requested by showrooms, sales reps, and clients.
- Pull and ship all sample requests in a timely manner.
- Shadow the Studio Director and becoming knowledgeable in all necessary ordering processes and procedures.
- Act as the point person for all client, showroom, and sales rep sample requests.
- Provide tracking information of sample shipments to requestors in a timely manner.
Packing and Shipping
- Generate all shipping labels for sample request packages.
- Request all Fed ex pickups and/or deliver all packages to Fed Ex office at the end of each day.
- Organize and reorder all sample shipping supplies when needed.
- You are extremely organized, take initiative, and can work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- You take direction well and are enthusiastic and take ownership of projects assigned to you.
- You are proficient in Google Docs, Word, Excel, and have some experience with Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe Acrobat.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have an interest in textiles, interior design and the fine arts.
- You are resourceful and a good problem solver with the ability to develop new organization systems to make daily office processes more efficient.
- You have a friendly personality and mature interpersonal skills.
- You work well under pressure and are able to efficiently prioritize responsibilities and finish projects in a timely manner.
- You wish to be long-term member of a small team in a rapidly growing creative company.
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line “Sample Room Coordinator”.
- Cover letter briefly explaining your interest in the position and why you would be a good fit.
- Resume with your experience and qualifications.
- 3 work-related references we can contact.
We look forward to hearing from all potential candidates!